Loan Sales Advisory and Services
DebtX is the world’s leading full-service loan sales advisor for secondary market whole loans. We specialize in commercial real estate (CRE), commercial & industrial (C&I), single family residential (SFR), consumer and specialty finance debt.
Loan sale services delivering highest pricing, certainty of execution and timely closing
We bring together experienced professionals and market-leading technology to drive exceptional results for our clients. During our 20+ years in the market, we’ve built the largest secondary loan sales and trading platform in the industry. We bring liquidity to a previously illiquid asset class by providing our clients with access to active loan investors and available investment capital.
- Sellers: Access thousands of vetted and accredited loan investors and billions in investment capital
- Buyers: Access performing, high yield and non-performing loans from your desktop
- Tech-enabled, but people-powered. We know the market and our buyers and sellers rely on us to help them make informed decisions.
- Expertise across asset classes – CRE, C&I, residential and consumer loans.
- $1B+ whole loans and portfolios
- Process, people and technology deliver scalable results
Leveraging our platform and experience, we help our clients:
1. Loan Analysis and Valuation
Accurately assessing the market price of the seller’s assets and properly structuring the loan sale will greatly influence the final sale results. This initial loan analysis phase includes:
- Review summary loan information
- Request and review additional information as needed
- Discuss client expectations and requirements
- Provide pricing estimates based on current market conditions
- Recommend and discuss pooling and offering strategies as appropriate
2. Deal Preparation
Providing a highly standardized data set for buyers drives prices higher, minimizes closing and post-closing risks, and provides greater market transparency for sellers. During this phase our teams:
- Collect data and convert paper documents
- Organize and prepare Review File
- Prepare asset summary reports
- Finalize sale structure and offering materials
- Host client-approved Review File in secured, protected website
3. Marketing and Due Diligence
Maximizing proceeds entails reaching the greatest number of potential buyers, understanding the asset and understanding the investors – their preferences, yield requirements, target markets, and history, including who has bid most aggressively on similar transactions in the past.
Our underwriters and traders do a deep dive on every deal to fully understand strengths and weaknesses. Our patented Trading Desk tracks and stores buyer preferences, bidding history and behavior, allowing traders to identify and monitor the most relevant and high-probability buyers. Traders utilize this data, along with daily discussions with buyers, to keep our clients informed throughout the marketing process.
This phase focuses on:
Initial marketing, casting a wide net across the entire investor universe via email, social media and other marketing as appropriate
Targeted calling and emails to highest probability investor targets
Investor meetings, conferences as appropriate
Daily investor contact to gauge interest, answer questions
Selling the opportunity, mitigating objections, pushing pricing
Monitoring investor activity, number of NDAs executed and number of bids expected
Weekly conference calls with seller, sharing investor activity and market feedback
4. Execution and Closing
Bidding requirements, complete terms of sale and a standard closing procedure ensure that bids are unconditional, eliminating re-trading and driving investors to compete on price alone. Both price and certainty of execution are thereby increased. Transactions close in one week. During the execution and closing phase we:
Analyze and present bids
Review and acceptance of bid by seller
Notify winning bidder(s)
Follow standard closing procedure
Loan Sale File Preparation Services
As a leading loan sale advisor, DebtX has performed highly efficient and orderly document preparation for over two decades. DebtX also provides these supporting services to institutions who conduct direct sales via the DebtX platform.
Proprietary Loan Sales Document Processing Software
Benefits of Loan Sales Document Processing Software
- Decrypts encrypted files
- Converts non-PDF files (e.g. TIFF, TXT) into PDF format for end user consumption via web browser
- Utilizes metadata to index related document pages by consolidating (or parsing) related files
- Formats PDF documents in final consumable format, applying OCR data layer